Assertiveness is something many of us wish we had more of, but don’t know where to find it. Truly assertive people know how to meet their own needs whilst respecting the needs of others – they are neither overbearing nor over-obliging. This workshop is full of practical insights, tools and techniques that will improve your interpersonal skills, grow your confidence and get you more of what you want.
- The concept of assertiveness and how it differs from aggressive or passive behaviour
- Ways to manage your own mindset in order to feel more in control of your response when faced with difficult people or situations
- The impact of words and body language on how people perceive and interact with you
- Powerful ways to say ‘no!’ and to ask for what you want
- Specific situations where you would like to act more assertively and identified strategies to deal with them
Benefits to you
By attending this one day course, you will have taken the first steps in boosting your confidence and skills in this important area of communication skills in a safe, confidential and non-threatening environment. And, best of all, you will have ready an action plan to take away and start putting in place immediately.
Delegate comment from last course:
“Very effective and informative. Presented extremely well and trainer was very encouraging!”
Winsley's House, High Street,
Central Colchester, at bottom of High Street/top of East Hill. Opposite The Minories art gallery and FirstSite. Look for a white building with dark blue doors. Please be advised that this location has differing floor levels.
Nearest car park is Greyfriars Car Park off Castle Road & Roman Road which is a privately run car park. For other car parks and public transport see this page. Cheapest all day car park for delegates arriving before 9am is NCP in Osbourne Street.
12 July 2019
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.