You will gain an understanding of how to deal with challenging situations and to manage and support people who are exhibiting ‘difficult behaviour’. It will give an overview of how to manage the relationships in your organisation between individuals.
It will also help to prevent future conflict and minimise the impact of ongoing conflict.
- What difficult behaviour and conflict is
- The impact of challenging situations on staff, colleagues, volunteers and your organisation
- The reasons behind this type of behaviour
- Ways of dealing with difficult behaviour and challenging situations
- How to create effective boundaries
- Ways to help prevent future conflict
Benefits to You
You will be able to feel more confident in your ability to deal with conflict and challenging situations, and create a more positive working environment with colleagues going forward.
Centre Supporting Voluntary Action Chelmsford
Burgess Well House, Coval Lane,
Located in central Chelmsford opposite Halford House. Entry at side of the building past some grey gates. 5 minute walk from Chelmsford station and close to bus station. We strongly recommend using Park & Ride or for details of car parking see here. If you choose to drive, use the postcode CM1 1TD for best satnav results. If you need disabled parking please contact the C360 Office to arrange this.
19 March 2019
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.