The population of the UK today is diverse, and an effective organisation recognises and values the differences that exist amongst its workforce and service users whether they be age, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group or disability.
This half day workshop will explore the issues surrounding diversity in the workplace, the legislation that exists and how to support a positive working environment, and you will be able to understand how you can positively affect the culture, communication and inclusion within your organisation and challenge inappropriate discrimination.
- Understanding the difference between equality, diversity and inclusion
- Information about Equal Opportunities and Diversity legislation
- Recognise offences such as indirect and direct discrimination, victimisation and harassment
- Consider what groups of people may be excluded from their own and other organisations
- Identify how an organisation could change to be more open to different groups of volunteers and service users
- Appreciate the benefits of diversity, equality and inclusion in the work place
Benefits to you
You will be able to understand how you can positively affect the culture, communication and inclusion within your organisation and challenge inappropriate discrimination.
Winsley's House, High Street,
Central Colchester, at bottom of High Street/top of East Hill. Opposite The Minories art gallery and FirstSite. Look for a white building with dark blue doors. Please be advised that this location has differing floor levels.
Nearest car park is Greyfriars Car Park off Castle Road & Roman Road which is a privately run car park. For other car parks and public transport see this page. Cheapest all day car park for delegates arriving before 9am is NCP in Osbourne Street.
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.