Taking on a management role can be both challenging and exciting. This workshop provides the foundation skills and knowledge to support individuals to take the first step into their first management role.
What We’ll Cover
- List the key features of an effective manager
- Identify their role and responsibilities in managing their direct reports
- Identify their role and responsibilities in managing other resources
- Describe what they expect of their staff members and communicate their expectations effectively
- Use 1-1 communication and feedback as tools to support performance management
- Respond to a range of management situations
Benefits to You
It will give participants an understanding of what to expect as a manager and a set of tools to help them become effective.
45 Stortford Road,
No parking onsite, but parking is available very nearby at White Street car park (next to Co-op).
Training room is on ground floor. An accessibility lift is in place to bypass the very small number of steps. Ramp outside as well.
If you are late for the course and it is clear that the course has already started, press the CSVU button on the intercom and a staff member will come downstairs and take you to the room where the course is running.
Tea and coffee is available with a small donation.
7 June 2019
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.
Bookings are closed for this event.