Manual handling is one of the most common causes of workplace injury. That’s why the law requires charities and community groups to take appropriate steps to reduce the risk of injury to their employees and volunteers. This includes suitable training, such as the Qualsafe Level 2 Award in Manual Handling. Suitable for anyone who has to move objects as part of their paid or voluntary role.
- The costs of manual handling related injury in the workplace
- The anatomy and make up of the spine, vertebrae, discs, muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerves and how damage is caused
- Dynamics of the back and how manual handling places immense strain on the body
- The legal duties of employers and employees with regard to manual handling operations
- Self assessment of manual handling operations considering the task, the individual, the load and the environment
- How to lift and move loads safely with practical exercises to ensure techniques have been fully understood
- Practical manual handling risk assessment
BENEFITS TO YOU
By completing the course you will be able to recognise manual handling risks, learn how to carry out risk assessments, make risk management recommendations and apply safer lifting and handling techniques to a variety of workplace tasks
45 Stortford Road,
No parking onsite, but parking is available very nearby at White Street car park (next to Co-op).
Training room is on ground floor. An accessibility lift is in place to bypass the very small number of steps. Ramp outside as well.
Tea and coffee is available with a small donation.
4 February 2019
9:30 am - 2:00 pm
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.
Bookings are closed for this event.