MiDas is the Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme and is administered by the Community Transport Association. The course will contain classroom based theory and a practical driving assessment. This 1 day course is for drivers who want to drive minibuses. Note: course may vary in length dependent on numbers attending.
- Improve minibus driving skills
- Explore the legal, practical and safety issues surrounding minibus driving
Benefits To You
All courses are certificated and last for 4 years.
The scheme provides a nationally recognised standard for the assessment and training of minibus drivers. MiDas is available to any organisation operating or using minibuses on a not for profit basis.
- Binder handouts are not normally provided but can be at a charge of £10.00. Please advise us if you would like this.
- DELEGATES MUST BRING THEIR DRIVING LICENCE WITH THEM TO THE TRAINING. TRAINING CANNOT BE STARTED OR COMPLETED WITHOUT IT.
- The D1 category on the driving licence is not necessary to do the training on our 8-seater vehicle, but is necessary for training on the 9-16-seater minibus. If delegates do not have the D1 category, they will be doing their training and assessment on the 8-seater vehicle.
- This course is not suitable for those wanting to drive wheelchair-friendly accessible minibuses. VST offer this training – do enquire if you want this.
C360 Tiptree Office
The Barn, Venn Farm, Tudwick Road,
Use SatNav postcode: CO5 0SD.
From the B1023 (you may go past the Wilkins Jam Museum). There is a sign at the bottom of Tudwick Road with the Community360 logo on it. It is then a long farm track up to the property. When you arrive you should see cars parked up outside, along with the Community transport minibuses, and there is a concrete path down the side of the barn. Follow the path into the barn. You should come into the kitchen area of the barn, and the meeting/training room is on the right of the kitchen.
Please allow plenty of time to find this location!
7 February 2020
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.