This course will provide delegates with a comprehensive introduction to Safeguarding, with a particular focus on the Safeguarding of vulnerable adults. Delegates will gain an overall awareness of the issues of abuse, including potential abuse and the prevention of abuse. It will inform staff and volunteers of their responsibilities and the relevant legislation involved to help ensure that individuals are kept as safe as possible.
- Understand the background to adult protection and safeguarding adults
- Understand associated legislation, policy and procedures
- Define adult abuse and the different categories of abuse
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Have an overview of the role of the designated safeguarding officer
- Know what to do in cases of suspected abuse and understand the role of the alerter
Benefits to You
You will know how react to safeguarding situations, how to safeguard yourself in your role and how to implement policy with confidence.
Winsley's House, High Street,
Central Colchester, at bottom of High Street/top of East Hill. Opposite The Minories art gallery and FirstSite. Look for a white building with dark blue doors. Please be advised that this location has differing floor levels.
Nearest car park is Greyfriars Car Park off Castle Road & Roman Road which is a privately run car park. For other car parks and public transport see this page. Cheapest all day car park for delegates arriving before 9am is NCP in Osbourne Street.
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.
Bookings are closed for this event.