This course will provide delegates with a comprehensive introduction to Safeguarding, with a particular focus on the Safeguarding of vulnerable adults. Delegates will gain an overall awareness of the issues of abuse, including potential abuse and the prevention of abuse. It will inform staff and volunteers of their responsibilities and the relevant legislation involved to help ensure that individuals are kept as safe as possible.
- Understand the background to adult protection and safeguarding adults
- Understand associated legislation, policy and procedures
- Define adult abuse and the different categories of abuse
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse
- Have an overview of the role of the designated safeguarding officer
- Know what to do in cases of suspected abuse and understand the role of the alerter
Benefits to You
You will know how react to safeguarding situations, how to safeguard yourself in your role and how to implement policy with confidence.
45 Stortford Road,
No parking onsite, but parking is available very nearby.
Training room is on ground floor. An accessibility lift is in place to bypass the very small number of steps. Ramp outside as well.
Tea and coffee is available with a small donation.
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.