This one day course is designed to support both novice and experienced trustees in providing effective governance within their organisations. It considers their roles and responsibilities in general before looking at particular areas in more detail. The course covers all the essential information and includes specific exercises and case studies to develop the participants’ problem-solving skills.
- Assessing the strengths and weaknesses of your organisation and trustee board
- Roles and responsibilities of trustee boards
- Paperwork needed to ensure an effective and well managed board
- Governance vs management – understanding the difference
- Risk reviewing your organisation and contingency planning
- Business planning
- Good financial management
- Developing your board of trustees
- Ensuring trustee boards have constructive and productive trustee meetings
Benefits to you
You will feel much more confident that your organisation is ‘fit for purpose’ after attending this course. As well as fully understanding your responsibilities, you will be able to develop roles for board members and critically appraise your own organisation.
Centre Supporting Voluntary Action Chelmsford
Burgess Well House, Coval Lane,
Located in central Chelmsford opposite Halford House. Entry at side of the building past some grey gates. 5 minute walk from Chelmsford station and close to bus station. We strongly recommend using Park & Ride or for details of car parking see here. If you choose to drive, use the postcode CM1 1TD for best satnav results.
21 March 2019
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.
Bookings are closed for this event.