This one day accredited session is aimed at anyone responsible for recruiting volunteers to work in their organisations. The course explores the role of volunteer workers within organisations and looks at the processes for successful recruitment.
- How recruiting volunteers can help an organisation meet its aims and objectives
- Understanding volunteers’ motivations and how they can match what your team needs to achieve
- The different roles and responsibilities volunteers can take on within an organisation and how these complement those of employed staff
- Volunteer role descriptions including the skills and qualities needed
- Different approaches to recruiting volunteers
- How to assess the resources needed within the recruitment process
Benefits to you
You’ll feel much more confident in your ability to recruit volunteers after this course and in addition to the training, you will also have the opportunity to meet and network with other individuals, share ideas and gain valuable support.
This course counts towards the Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Award in Managing Volunteers. A further course on Supporting Volunteers will be run.
Both parts are certified on their own but delegates must pass both these courses to gain the full award or can just opt to receive an attendance certificate. If delegates are attending both courses, the certificate will be claimed on completion of the second unit.
Centre Supporting Voluntary Action Chelmsford
Burgess Well House, Coval Lane,
Located in central Chelmsford opposite Halford House. Entry at side of the building past some grey gates. It is an easy 5 minute walk from Chelmsford station and is also close to the bus station. Getting the train to this location is extremely easy if you are on a mainline. We strongly recommend using the train, or if you are driving, the Park & Ride, or for details of car parking see here. If you choose to drive, use the postcode CM1 1TD for best satnav results.
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.