This one day accredited session is aimed at anyone responsible for recruiting volunteers to work in their organisations. The course explores the role of volunteer workers within organisations and looks at the processes for successful recruitment.
- How recruiting volunteers can help an organisation meet its aims and objectives
- Understanding volunteers’ motivations and how they can match what your team needs to achieve
- The different roles and responsibilities volunteers can take on within an organisation and how these complement those of employed staff
- Volunteer role descriptions including the skills and qualities needed
- Different approaches to recruiting volunteers
- How to assess the resources needed within the recruitment process
Benefits to you
You’ll feel much more confident in your ability to recruit volunteers after this course and in addition to the training, you will also have the opportunity to meet and network with other individuals, share ideas and gain valuable support.
This course counts towards the Gateway Qualifications Level 3 Award in Managing Volunteers. A further course on Supporting Volunteers will be run.
Both parts are certified on their own but delegates must pass both these courses to gain the full award or can just opt to receive an attendance certificate. If delegates are attending both courses, the certificate will be claimed on completion of the second unit.
Winsley's House, High Street,
Central Colchester, at bottom of High Street/top of East Hill. Opposite The Minories art gallery and FirstSite. Look for a white building with dark blue doors. Please be advised that this location has differing floor levels.
Nearest car park is Greyfriars Car Park off Castle Road & Roman Road which is a privately run car park. For other car parks and public transport see this page. Cheapest all day car park for delegates arriving before 9am is NCP in Osbourne Street.
By submitting your booking you are agreeing to our terms and conditions. To read our terms and conditions click here.